Do i have to feel bad about work?

I am in my 31 weeks now. My boss told me to go for ML a few days before my EDD. Last week on my 30weeks pregnant i told her that I am planning to go 2 weeks earlier before my EDD cause I needed a rest from traveling to work and also get a rest from computer work before my EDD reach. In-fact this is my 1st baby. Went for checkup the other day and the doctor told me that current update my baby is overweight 29weeks pregnant and baby is 1.87 kg. I am a petite size and the doctor said that since i am a small size not that tall so my baby cannot be heavy. I am actually tired to travel to work everyday with my backpain and also my feet swollen badly. I have low blood and last week I couldn’t wake up from bed due to light headed I couldn’t take anymore mc/al cause i’ve use up all as what my company said. They told me that they started to use my ML if any of this days I couldn’t make if for work. Is it okay to do so? I am so stress with work they’re very confusing. #toxicworkplace

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, I’m sorry to hear you are put in such a difficult position. Hang in there ❤️❤️❤️ First I just wanted to mention that your baby is only as big as your body can deliver - believe in the process and the strength you possess - here is a really good article based on a ton of research regarding big babies or fetal macrosomia and birth: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-for-induction-or-c-section-for-big-baby/ It’s lengthy but it’s really important that you are informed before you make decisions and start to feel worried about baby at this stage. Second, ask your doc if he can give you a long MC. This may buy you a week or two. Another one is hospitalisation leave which may work. Try all your options. I hope this helps.

Read more

You may check with your obstetrician to issue Hospitalization Leave, provided you have not used up. You may also want to check with your company is it possible to apply unpaid leave.