Can i steam the fish and mashed and feed my lo?? She is 6months now. Prefer to give fish first.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. I think that mashing it and feeding might be too challenging for baby as baby is freshly learning how to chew and sawallow solids so i suggest u make a purée out of it. I am more the "ang moh" style so i started with fruits and vege first. If u give fish only, adding more water aor baby's milk will give it a more familiar taste so that they find it more acceptable

Read more

Definitely can! I started giving fish to my gal around 7mo when she started eating porridge. I will just steam cod fish or salmon and then mash them with spoon before giving. Make sure you get the fillet part and check for bones before feeding baby. My gal took to fish very well even though the ones I give her has a strong smell . She is not fond of threadfin though

Read more
VIP Member

Yes you can! I would say Threadfin is a good starter fish. Steam it And ensure there is no bones before mashing it. Mashing may give a slighty chunkier texture. You can try blending it for a puree texture for a start

Read more

Yes of course! However ensure there is no bones. Best to puree for auch a young baby. Add a tinge of milk as well that would help with baby in accepting new taste. You can also mix some fish with carrots. Happy exploring!

Sure you can. i gave my 10mths twins threadfin. i will steam, mesh with hand to make sure no tiny bones and ltr blend with veggies and brown rice porridge. My twins preferred smooth with some rough texture so they can chew.

VIP Member

I started fish at 7 months :)