I recognized that my baby doesn't take her siesta anymore. Any tips on how will I make her sleep in the afternoon?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I had this issue with my toddler and all he wants is to watch his fave cartoons in the afternoon. I know that if didn't have his nap time. He'll be fussy later on.So what I did was set a sleeping schedule for him. But before he goes to sleep. I tend to avoid giving candies, chocolates or soda before his nap time. I let him choose also the room where he wants to spend his nap time. He chose to be in our room which is fine and he won't be distracted with his toys. I'll let him take one of his toys that he would like to be with when he sleeps. Aside from the toys, kids gets distracted to noise or whenever they hear the TV. So at nap time it has to be turned off and also the lights. And sometimes I would be right next to him or snuggle him till he falls off to sleep. But of course there are times this might not work. What I do is I have to make sure he still takes a rest for a couple of mins or hours in his bed. And this would be our bonding time.

Magbasa pa

It is advisable to establish a routine to help both you and your baby what to expect. You can do activities same time of the day just before taking a nap, and eventually you'll both get used to it. You can practice having a quiet time together until your baby falls asleep, and you can even teach her to sleep on her own once she gets a little bigger. It's advisable for babies to develop good sleeping habits as it will help her to prepare for plenty of good sleep in the months and years to come. This article might help you better in putting your baby to nap http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a558567/what-can-i-do-when-my-baby-wont-nap#ixzz4BhbtZ4Ld

Magbasa pa

As babies grow, their routine changes as well. First, it would be better to familiarize yourself on the activities of your little one everyday. Then, try to set the same activities at the same schedules each day including a nap. This will give her a cue on what's going to happen next. Eventually, you'll both get the hang of it. Based from my experience, my daughter sleeps better in the afternoons when I sleep together with her. Having her close to me would make her feel secured and comfortable. Take this time as part of your bonding moments. This will give you some time to have a break as well.

Magbasa pa

Sometimes as the child gets older, sleeping routine changes. It may be normal, it depends on her age. :)