Disgusted with aftertaste

Hi I am now into week 14. Anyone has the same experience of disgusted with whatever food you eat after 10-15 mins, mostly with the aftertaste? Perfectly fine eating the food but the lingering taste makes me really hate taking in food every meal. I’ve been experiencing this since week 8. Any advice? >.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to have metallic taste then depended on sour plums and candies alternately. Then at wk 12 I find that they made my nausea worse and I stopped. That this aftertaste came. Can't even take biscuits. Had that til week 14. All the wk 10 to wk14 I was dreading to wake up mornings cos I don't know what I can eat or not eat for the day without the gagging or the taste. I ate only bread and peanut butter. Rice with soup. iced water, 100plus, watermelon, apple to somehow keep chewing something and hydrate too. Feeling so much better since til now going to wk17. But still conscious abt the food and its taste. Maybe i just wanna avoid the episodes again. But i guess pregnancy woes we can't tell what's gonna come.

Read more
2y ago

Yea the dread! I felt almost hopeless in food. Nothing to eat esp my house nearby has got limited food choices, but nausea if don’t eat. Can only eat that same boring food. Haha thanks for sharing, i see some light!

Same for me during that period of time and it lasted till around week 20. Even plain water at home has a funny after taste. So my husband bought a variety of sparkling water for me (Ice Mountain's, with lemon / peach etc.. can try a brand san benedetto, but taste a bit salty). These sparkling water helped, because it also kind of removed food after taste in my mouth. Hope it works for you too.

Read more
2y ago

Hahah your reply got me laughing! So sweet of your husband to buy so many different brand of mineral waters. Okay! will try them out too, Many many thanks!

I avoid eating food cooked with garlic and heavy tasting food. And I brush and rinse with mouthwash after eating. That helps abit. Also, I made lemon water to drink instead of just drinking plain water.

2y ago

Me too! Those are so disgusting suddenly. Even oil turns me off. Lemon water also taste funny to me after drinking a few days but True, i will try out mouthwash

I've had mine since 6 weeks... and hoping it'll go away in the 2nd trimester but after reading the comments, it seems like a lot started in the 2nd trimester? Not sure if I should be hopeful now haha.

2y ago

Same same, but it also sounds like week 17-20 will get better.. let’s look forward that it will go away by then

no choice really. have to tahan until second trim then it’ll get better. same for me, even drinking water is so gross

2y ago

Ya, drinking water used to be such a natural need. Now is have to force ourselves to drink. Haiz, Didn’t know early pregnancy can be so uncomfortable. Hope it gets better real soon.

Yes here. But 2nd trimester will get better.