I do not understand if it's a temper tantrum or she's just trying to push us to our limits. We've been trying to get her to acknowledge her elders by greeting them. She has no problem identifying who is who from pictures and calls out correctly. However when it comes to addressing them when they are physically in front of her, she clamps shut. She apologies to us, tears running down her eyes but she just refuses to call them unless I start to get annoyed and pissed by telling her if she doesn't start addressing them, she would be allowed to go home. We tried preparing her mentally before going out but it doesn't curb the stubborn mouth. We have no idea what is going on and how we can help her.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i definitely feel she is shy and uncomfortable in front of people. even if she knows them otherwise, it is possible that she gets uncomfortable or awkward in front of them. i would suggest don't push her to talk to them unless she herself gets comfortable. you can definitely include her in all the activities, so that she can get more familiar, but if you push her now, she will develop an aversion towards socializing. let her take her time.

Read more