will there be any follow up after giving birth?

I am not sure is it onlt me. I was not given any follow up after giving birth. I thought it was normal but my mom was telling me , suppose to have a follow up.. P.s. i have delivered 5mths ago. I am just worry that it would affect my health if i didnt have any post partum follow up done.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Usually there’s one check up after delivery (about 6 weeks) to ensure you’ve healed, and for pap smear + counseling on contraception. They don’t really do a full body checkup, so now that it’s 5 months pp, I think the main thing is the pap smear, if you haven’t done it in the last few years. Some polyclinic doctors can do the test too.

Read more
4y ago

Thankyou. Shall contact a gynae for a pap smear !:) Thx alot once again

VIP Member

Yes, by right, you need a follow up approximately 6 weeks after giving birth. The gynae will check your wound to see if it is healing well and do an ultrasound to check your womb. If you have gestational diabetes, you will need to follow up with your gynae or ask for a referral to go to poly clinic.

4y ago

Alright alright. Thankyou for the input!!!:)

VIP Member

Yes. I had 2 - first one was to check on the healing progress of the wound, change dressing and see the progress of the shrinking of the uterus. The second one is for the PAP smear.

TapFluencer

By right doc will give a follow up appt after delivery, to check on ur wound and do a pap smear. After that if no complications they will discharge u.

VIP Member

I had 2 follow up appts. First was 1 week after discharge, to check the wound. Second was around 1 month later I think? To do Pap smear

Yes I had 2 follow ups. First is to check wound (around 3 weeks), second is to do pap smear (around 3 months)

There shud b follow up. To check e wounds n pap smear test. Maybe you wanna call up your gynae to check?

VIP Member

You should call your gynae. Yes will follow up. I visited my gynae once more after my confinement ends.

4y ago

Thankyou alot for the info!!:)

yes I also delivered 1month ago. and they give me follow up appointment on coming 14feb

Super Mum

If there will usually be a follow up for pap smear and to check wound.