pissed

I need to let off some steam here, it's gonna be a rant. Ok so im currently staying at my inlaws, they've been such lovely parents tryna accomodate to my needs & all. My baby is abt 3 months old & i understand why they want to kiss and hold him so much because this is their first grandson, im perfectly fine with that. Recently my dad in law got the cough and it's those with phlegm. The one thing that i dont unds is even if he's sick, he wants to kiss my son? My husband told him off alot of times you know but he still does it. Last night he said he was feeling better & he's still clearly coughing with the phlegm. He still kiss my son! I told my husband to told him off and he did. At first my dad in law said it's nothing but i told my husband to stay firm cos these things cannot play play. Obviously i cannot say anything cos this is not my place & i have a huge temper too. I dont want to make the situation worse. Why is it so hard to follow instructions? You sick then stay the hell away from my son. Sure i like to have things my way but come on ah, this is my son we're talking about. Of course it's my way or the highway. I'm the mother, i have every rights.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Need to explain to him that if he pass his virus to your son at this age, worse case scenario is that he might end up in hospital dying. Then copy paste those news articles of babies dying because sick people kissed them, it’s easy to find in english or chinese, cause this is too common already. If it comes from the internet/news then the old folks are more likely to feel less offended.

Read more
4y ago

Friend of mine’s baby got cough from grandpa. End up in hospital for a week. 5 months old.