Bringing baby down stairs

I live in a landed property and my room is on the 2nd floor. I’m worried about when the baby arrives and I have to bring the baby up and down the stairs. Even now, I’m worried about slipping down. Are there any suggestions on how to carry my baby safely on the stairs?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It’s actually less scary than you think if you actually try it out. But you can get non slip footwear if you’re worried about slipping. Also, if you’re worried that you can’t see the steps clearly, you may want to paste neon coloured tape at the edge of each step. When baby’s just born, you can cradle baby in one arm, and hold the stair railing with the other arm. When baby’s older and has better neck control, you can carry baby vertically with one arm (baby’s chin resting on your shoulder) while you hold the railing.

Read more
TapFluencer

Stayed on 4th floor of landed property during first few months. Didnt bring my bb downstairs much. Carried my bb close if need be.

Wear comfortable clothing and footwear, carry nothing else than the baby and don’t be distracted while carrying the baby.

Super Mum

Use a baby carrier so your hands are free and can hold on the railing, walk slowly and it will be fine 😁

Maybe at least for 1st month Move downstairs if possible Easier for u to manage minus the worry

Try a baby carrier or just walk very slow

VIP Member

hold the railing and walk slowly.

VIP Member

Hold the railings and walk slowly

VIP Member

Walk slowly, you'll be fine(:

VIP Member

Be careful