Climbing stairs

At what point of a pregnancy will it be difficult to climb/descend from stairs? I will need to move to the first floor of my house before baby arrives and wanna know when I should plan to do that. Thanks!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The fatigue increases in the 3rd trimester, so I would recommend you moving down when you start your 3rd trimester. For me, I had sciatica like pain since 13 weeks and symphysis pubis dysfunction since 20+ weeks, so stairs were difficult since really early on.

VIP Member

It depends on your individual physique, but it may be dangerous as ur belly may block ur sight from the third trimester. I had no problems climbing steps at 40 weeks, but stayed away from descending for safety concerns

VIP Member

My house doesn't have stairs so I wouldn't know lol. But even by walking I felt breathless after around 33 weeks and beyond especially 37 to 40 weeks

Depends on your body, I am still climbing stairs and playground all the way till 36 weeks, and shopping continues all the way to the day I am due.

TapFluencer

i moved to my parents' place a few weeks before delivery & stayed upstairs (3 flights of stairs)

I’m still climbing stairs when I’m almost due.

TapFluencer

For me is about 32 weeks

VIP Member

37 weeks?