co-sleeping

I know there's a lot of debate around co-sleeping, and many experts warn against it. However, I wanted to share my personal experience and why I made the choice to co-sleep with my baby despite the warnings. From the moment my baby was born, I felt a deep discomfort leaving them alone in their crib. The thought of them sleeping in a separate space made me anxious and restless. I tried several times to get used to it, but I couldn’t shake off the worry and fear that something might happen while they were out of my sight. Eventually, I decided to trust my instincts and let my baby sleep next to me. It felt natural and comforting to have them close. I could easily check on them, make sure they were breathing okay, and respond immediately if they needed anything. This gave me peace of mind and helped both of us sleep better. I understand the concerns and potential risks associated with co-sleeping, and I took extra precautions to make our sleeping arrangement as safe as possible. I ensure there's a firm mattress, no loose bedding, and I never co-sleep if I’m overly tired or have consumed alcohol. For me, co-sleeping has fostered a stronger bond and a sense of security. It’s what works best for us right now, even if it goes against conventional advice. I’m curious to hear from others—have any of you chosen to co-sleep despite the warnings?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Co-sleeping is a personal choice that many parents make for various reasons, despite the warnings from experts. It is understandable that you feel more at ease having your baby close to you during sleep. Your instincts as a parent play a significant role in making decisions that work best for you and your baby. When choosing to co-sleep, it is crucial to prioritize safety. Ensuring a firm mattress, no loose bedding, and taking precautions like not co-sleeping when overly tired or under the influence of alcohol are important steps to reduce risks associated with co-sleeping. By following safety guidelines and listening to your parental instincts, co-sleeping can indeed foster a stronger bond and provide a sense of security for both you and your baby. It's great that you have found what works best for your family, even if it goes against conventional advice. It's always beneficial to hear from other parents who have chosen to co-sleep despite the warnings, as their experiences can offer support and insights. Sharing personal experiences can help normalize different parenting choices and create a sense of community among parents facing similar decisions. If you would like to learn more about safe co-sleeping practices or hear from other parents who have chosen to co-sleep, forums and support groups for parents can be valuable resources to connect with like-minded individuals and gather more information on this topic. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Same here, Mama! 🥹 I was must-sleep-in-crib mum before I gave birth… but everything changed after I held my baby in my arms. Of course I was still stricken by fear and pressure of the sleep training industry as a first time mum and I tried to let my baby sleep on the cot for the first 3 months… but deep down I know it’s not what my heart wants. Eventually my baby could only sleep well with us during her 4-month regression and everything changed! We started co-sleeping since then and it was the best thing ever. My heart was at peace. I can smell her whenever I want. My husband and I can sleep better too. I also feel her little hands touching my arm when she wakes up at night and soothed herself back to sleep. And most importantly, I know you feels safe and secured. Looking back, I wished I have heard from more co-sleeping mums so that the initial postpartum period would have felt more aligned for myself Abd I didn’t have to feel like I am making a mistake or taking the easy way out to co-sleep!

Read more

I Co sleep as well! I bought the Co sleeping cot and placed it beside my bed so that it's much safer for him, but he doesn't like to be in it So his current sleeping arrangement is by my side. Easy for me to feed him in the early mornings. Just whip out a boob and he'll latch to sleep.

Co-sleeping actually gives me more sleep as a breastfeeding mom 😂 now that my baby is bigger sometimes he self-service to his 24/7 milk bar. The thought of walking sleepily from room to room is a turnoff for me. But hey, whatever works for each mommy ❤️

We cosleep too and I feel safer that baby is beside me (other than constantly getting kicked or punched in the face 😅) rather than alone in the other room where I constantly have to worry if she’s okay.

Curious does your baby naturally just fall asleep beside you? Cos mine would cry because she wants to be carried if she sees us … so anyway she just sleeps independently in her own cot

Yes we co-sleep since baby was born. No regrets. It honestly make it easier in the middle of the night too. Baby also fall asleep easily and better when on the same bed with us

We co sleep and we are loving it!

TapFluencer

yes me!

💕