Hi. May I know how old baby learn to flip on bed and also learn to sit? My LO is 3 months plus, and people keep telling me he is flipping soon and can make him sit with support. But I see my LO he don't have any sign of flipping over. Don't know is it late development? I am worry. He only keep talking like like baby making sound.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They will flip when they are ready to. You can only help by giving him more tummy time to strengthen the core muscles . Each baby has their own speed and what people say are just general remarks.yih as the mommy know best. Flipping for my baby was around 4mo and sitting assisted was about 5mo. We should not try to force them to achieve milestones too early as that may develop their wrong muscles first. For example a therapist told a mom before she let her baby sit in exersaucer too early and hence the baby did not want to crawl as she is used to straightening her legs in exersaucer

Read more
VIP Member

flipping is different for every baby.. Last time when my baby is 2 months.. My hubby friends keep say their baby can flip easily by that time. But my baby is born big size at 4.5kg ... So bigger baby tend to flip slower . My baby flip at about 5 months and i have no worries about that . Its better to let him sit after 4 or 5 months to stablize their bones. Not too good to sit so early. So no worries. Sooner or later they will flip by themself.. Ignore what others say .. Try to have more tummy time which helps.

Read more

It's best to happen things naturally. You can certainly assist in the process by doing regular maalish. Also pick up toys that will help the baby in this process.. during tummy time etc . These toys helped on my case : rolling toy and play gym. See here: http://www.gomommy.in/five-must-have-toys-for-infants/

Read more

let your baby have an hour of tummy time each day, as it helps to strengthen the muscles of the neck, arms and shoulders and also strengthens the back. all this will help your baby turn and sit up. and don't worry, very soon your baby will suddenly flip :)

It's no advisable to "force" the lil one to perform activities beyond their physiological capabilities! Even if it's just propping them up to sit...it isn't recommended. He'll be ready when he's ready :D

Babies will flip when they are ready too. You can help her by flipping her too. As for me, i would prefer for her to explore and figure it out at her place

VIP Member

Flipping will depends on different babies. Once their neck muscles is stronger, they will flip very soon. Focus more on tummy time.

Just let bb be on tummy more. Mine flipped at 3rd month. Mine didn't show any sign of flipping and he just flipped one fine day

Let nature takes its own course. Baby will learn themselves.