i'm tired of my lazy husband...

i hope someone can give me advice. i'm the breadwinner of our family. my husband works but only part-time. since i have the higher pay, i pay for everything. he doesn't contribute much to the household expenses. i'm getting frustrated already. we met in college. we graduated from the same course. he comes from a well-to-do family while i had to work to finish schooling. he had baon up until the time we got married. i was lucky enough to find a good job. he would always look for work but eventually quits every time. he says he is not happy or that he doesn't like his boss. i would nudge him to find a stable job since we already have a child together. he says he is looking but most of the time i see him watching netflix or playing ml. he does take care of our baby and loves our baby so much. he is good to me. he doesn't cheat or anything like that. but on special occasions, i only get a greeting. he doesn't even try to save up to buy me flowers. i'm physically and emotionally drained from working. i'm losing my respect for him. to be honest, i want to leave him already. i'm at my breaking point.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I was in a somehow similar situation like you mommy. I had a job with good pay but I resigned after I got pregnant as advised by my doctor. Currently I am a full time mom. My LIP have a part time job and most of his time, he's just gaming. I do everything alone, from taking care of our baby to doing the household chores. I am not satisfied with the life we have because I know we can do better than this if he only tries. If only I can get employed, my salary would be 3x higher than his. I have many plans to get passive income. All he have to do is to walk it for me but he never even tries. He expects me to do everything. I am physically, emotionally and psychology drained. He also came from a well off family. Spoiled. In fact, our baby is well provided by them. We don't have to worry about our baby's basic needs. He is a good person, I know that. He's loyal to me. He loves me and our baby. I know all of that but I didn't felt it. He made me feel lonely and neglected. I have reached my limit. I broke down. Cried all the pain out. Then he asked me to start talking. We fought for real for the first time. We both went silent after. While I was spacing out, he suddenly hugged me and said sorry. I was sorry too. It was only a lack of communication. He thought I was fine. I seem fine because I never asked for help. I was waiting for him to offer. I was waiting for him to notice me. He knows that now. Meanwhile he was also waiting for me to ask cause he'd do anything. I only need to ask. I know that now too. I am happy that he's helping and taking care of me now. I am satisfied with that. All I needed was his care after all.

Magbasa pa