I have very difficulty to produce breast milk. I produce only 4 oz a day. Almost give up, can anyone give me advice on how to increase quantity?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is a "Jungle Juice" mixture that will help with producing breast milk and it will help keep you hydrated and if you don't want just plain water I do 2 litres of rooibos tea instead of plain water - I add the rescue drops to each glass I pour. They say to try and drink it within 24 hours or drink a glass with every feed you do. I have been drinking it for the last 4 weeks now and working well. Try feed baby a bit more frequently to help produce more milk and if you have breast pump it will also help stimulate more milk. I have also heard about oats helps but I don't like oats, a friend of mine eats the oats. At the moment my baby is eating less in each feed, so what I am doing is after my baby has had his feed I express so that I don't lose the milk (it drying up) and now I have plenty milk

Read more
Post reply image

This is what im doing. 1. Drink red dates,dried longan n goji berry everyday - either self made or ready made 2. Drink warm water - lets your body feel warm to stimulate the milk produce n prevent engorgeme t 3. I'm using haaka instead pump. While breastfeed my baby, i let the haaka suck the others. Cuz, everytime baby drink, it will stimulate the others side. So, no waste 😄 4. No stress n no hungry 😄don't dehydrate. 5. Bath with warm water but mine quite hot actually. 6. Massage 😍 love it cuz sometime when body too tired it also effect the production cuz mine also happen like that esp when im sick

Read more

Some people take milk boosters to help to increase their supply. However this takes times because different foods work for different people so you need to do trial and error to see what works for you. The fastest and most effective method for me was to do power pumping. So you pump for 20 minutes, rest for 10, pump another 10 and rest for 10 and the last pump at 10 minutes. Takes about an hour but I see increased milk flow for the next 24 hours and the effect is maintained. You can do it once everyday till you are satisfied with your supply.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

The emptier your breasts are, the more milk they will produce. Frequent latching or pumping will help to stimulate production. Try to relax, as stress also inhibits milk production. Massage your breasts when you are pumping or latching to get more milk. You can also consume more milk boosters. http://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-increase-breast-milk-supply/

Read more
Post reply image

There are many ways to increase your supply. 1. Frequent latching 2. Power pump. To pump more often. Pump every 2-3 hrs. 3. Eat milk boosting food like oat, salmon, yogurt, green papaya fish soup 4. Relax. Stress can lead to low supply so it's important for mommy to stay happy and relax too. 5. Drink more water

Read more

Im working mommy, pumping at work only 3oz per sessions.. 3oz x 3 sessi = 9oz..back from work focus direct breastfeed, no pumping.. Alhamdulillah, enough for my child,. Now 1year3months..goodluck mommy.. Enjoy ur breastfeeding journy.. Dont stress, drink a lot of water.. Keep breastfeed baby, more demand, more supply.. 😊

Read more

First of all.. DO NOT STRESS!! If you are under any kind of stress it does a number to your body. Here are a few things I did. Get enough rest Nurse or pump frequently Eating a healthy and nutritious diet Drinking at least 64 ounces of water daily Good luck and don't give up!

Read more

jgn stress nt susu tk nk keluar, mnm air suam yg byk 2-3liter sehari , buah kurma also good...sy mnm coco munif hijjaz :-) they have arabic gam.. membantu...in sha Allah

VIP Member

There are lots of food out there that increase supply. Do Google for more info. However, one of the more uncommon ones would be chickpeas. I hear it works!

5y ago

Yes it works, my wife took it and it was very good

Jaga waktu pam sis..bykan minum air suam...jgn stress2..try buat power pumping, kalau x tahu/pasti refer Mr.Google @ Ms.Youtube🙋🏻‍♀️