Flat breast

My breast size is very small like i’m an A cup and i’m worried I won’t produce any milk for breastfeeding

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Breast size is irrelevant when it comes to how much milk you produce. A mom with small breasts might have just as much milk supply as a mom with large breasts. https://www.babycenter.com/baby/breastfeeding/is-it-true-that-moms-with-small-breasts-produce-less-milk_10310185

VIP Member

The short answer is no. Although your breasts will likely grow larger before and during your breastfeeding journey, breast size is irrelevant when it comes to how much milk you produce. A mom with small breasts might have just as much milk supply as a mom with large breasts.

Sharing this with you. Please do not be disheartened by your breasts size and most importantly, do not give up! There's no such thing as small breasts, no milk! https://www.instagram.com/p/CLheo2DBBQt/?igshid=b81a3lrdwgvk

3y ago

it does not, really. altho for some mummies who has inverted/flat nipples do feedback of feeling a little painful when breastfeeding. somewhat stingy when feeding. however you can get yourself a nipple former/correcter or nipple shield to help. also, babies BREASTfeed not NIPPLEfeed. for as long as your baby can get a good portion of your breast (latching on to the aerola while the gum and mouth bypassing the nipple) there's no need to worry. all you need is to learn the proper techniques for latching.

VIP Member

I have small breast too, b cup. And i managed to BF my son for 2years. So size doesnt matter. What matter most is ur diet and i also took supplement..

VIP Member

BM nothng to do with your breast size , as long as u drink enough water I think shouldn't be a problem

3y ago

Then will the nipple/alorea size affect breastfeeding also?

Not depend on your breast size. As long as you have fully healthy, heathy foods and rest more.

VIP Member

don't worry, size is never an issue

Super Mum

Size doesn’t matter.

TapFluencer

size does not matter