I have a two year old son. he's quite a handful. I'm trying not to yell so much, but sometimes I lose it. What should i do after i've yelled at my kid?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is quite impossible to raise a child without yelling as we, as a mother also experience temper sometimes, especially when feeling extremely tired. Please do not feel guilty after yelling and blame yourself as this is part of the parenting. However, make sure that you explain to the child and apologise if necessary to the child aftermath. There are some strategies for your to keep away from yelling. E.g. paste simple notes on places that are noticeable and to remind yourself when you are about to 'explode'. I read a lot of parenting books, it is not easy to put them in practice especially when you are exhausted. However, over the time you are able to become better at self-anger management control. It takes time to learn slowly. Here is a book that can guide you on how to parent without yelling.

Read more
Post reply image

Cool yourself down and think why is he doing that and what should you do about it. Think of ways of explaining so he'll understand what you're trying to bring across to him. Do you believe in naughty corner? If you do, let him know that he's going to the naughty corner for a time out if he were to do something wrong. At that same time, you can give yourself some time out thinking about how to bring it across. :)

Read more

When things have cooled down, you should talk to your child and explain why you scolded him. At 2, sometimes kids don't fully comprehend why they were being scolded especially if you yell at them. If you don't explain or make nice, he might just remember the negatives from the moment and not learn anything. At the end of the day, a child needs to know that whatever his parents do, it is out of love :)

Read more

as for me that always happen everyday.What i will do is ask them to sit and i will explain to them.Like u know that mama loves u right..i am sorry if i have yell at u and i hope u try to see from there whats actually my reason for doing that..thats when they themself apologize to me..As usual we mummy needs to have patience too.hope this helps.

Read more
8y ago

ur most welcome

I sometimes also raise my voice at my twins. When everyone calm down I'll hug them and apologize. Then every time I feel that I am loosing it I'll try to bite my lips and take a deep breathe. I'll explain why I yell why I didn't like what they did etc. it's a tough phase. But we will get better at it together.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5585)

walk away next time? i also nagging almost everyday. i feel when i am less angry, my boy is more willing to listen to me than i scream at him to do something

i have terrible two too(actually he is still the sweetest boy..

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me