I have tried not shouting...not spanking but my 4 year old continues to be aggressive with kids. Whenever he sees a kid his height or shorter,he will go hit him. Even when that child is not looking towards him. I have asked him why he is hitting but he looks down and keeps quiet. He is only child. But I have seen other single kids too and they do not behave like this. Is there any other parents here sailing or sailed in same boat? Otherwise he is an intelligent kid but short temperd. I have tried being patient since 3 days but he does not seem to be improving at all. Shall we take him for counselling?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think child counselling would help. There definitely is something going on in your child's life and I think your child is afraid to tell you. Children are good at telling Counsellors there little problems. As they feel safe and they have lovely bright rooms toys and teddy's. They watch their eyes move, they pick up on what they are looking at, hand it to them and ask the child to talk to the toy, and all their little feelings come out. It could be something v minor as to why they are doing it e.g. looking for more attention from mom or dad. Best of luck.

Read more