A little Stress up

Hi i have issues recently with my MIL . It’s quite saddening that my MIL love to control me and my husband’s regardless it is about work or our marriage. So i am currently 31weeks pregnant - before i even reach my third trimester she has already try implementing on how she wants her grandchildren to be taken care of and takecare of the child as if it was her own. Not letting me or my husband had a chance. But after quite sometime me and my husband stood up for ourselves and she obviously wasn’t happy about it. I don’t know whether to blame my pregnancy hormones or just that some people are really too much?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tell your husband to be firm and convey the message to your MIL that your child your rules. Your MIL already had it her way with raising her own children in the past, now she should respect both of you as parents while her role is a grandparent.

4y ago

To me, it is not rude at all. Your child, your rights, your responsibility. Their well being is your responsibilty. I've read got pil wanna open bank acct lah what lah, need to he with them 24/7 lah omgaaawwd. Dont let them climb over your head. Jia you💪🏻💪🏻 They had their time raising their own kid. If they really wanna raise again, ask them to adopt. Hahaha.