9 Replies

My mil is similar also plus she talks without any filtering and her way of taking care of baby is different from my way, plus she cant handle infant well. alot of times she triggered me without knowing. Small little comments piled up and i couldnt handle it as i am the kind that thinks alot and it got worse during pregnancy (blaming it on hormones). Luckily i have a husband who is v patient, willing to listen and helped me ease my mind. He also stood up for me whenever he know that his mum is talking without filter. I would have probably went into depression without my hubs consolation. As for taking care of baby, before baby is out, my hubs and i already agree that none of our parents should be the ones setting the rules and we make sure we establish that with our own parents. Have to let them know that they are grandparents and their roles, and not to step over our rules. Next time when baby is out, there will be more conflicts like this. Example if your child is on time out and your parents/PIL wants to interfere and tell u not to, at this point of time, you and your hubs hve to stand up for what the 2 of you have agreed on and explain to them. Both of you have to support each other.

Mine straight up said, "i forgot how to bath newborn, i forgot this, i forgot that." turns out all her kids were raised by the popo. lol. She only see, see. Even then also she's a tiger mom that made the kids more despised of her , not to mention her loud voice when she talks. Its a good thing as before i married, she already said " there can nvr be 2 women in d same house." I agree 100% n rented first before buying our current home. With the CL's valuable knowledge, i raised my newborn till he's toddler now. So its kinda blessings i might say. So morale of the story: Get a confinement lady that will take care of ur newborn as well as u, mummy. End of story

I guess most people will have issues with their MIL. My MIL is also another stuck up person who loves giving unconstructive comments and thinks she's right all the time. Even my own family members think so. Due to this virus issue, my husband and I did not managed to get hands on learning for showering baby. When we got home with the baby, my helper, husband and I were learning from each other on how to shower baby. Of course my baby cried, my MIL just stood there and mock at the three of us for not being able to handle a baby. Does anyone has a worse MIL than me?

Theoretically we should be able to feel more relieved with the present of PIL or own parents. However, the reality is they make us busier most of the time "baby hungry, baby sleepy, give him this, give him that, do this do that, this not correct, you should do like this, worry this worry that..."!!!!!!!! How i wish they will say "you want to go paktor? I help you take care baby for a night". Ask your MIL rest lah. She do more bad than good

Tell your husband to be firm and convey the message to your MIL that your child your rules. Your MIL already had it her way with raising her own children in the past, now she should respect both of you as parents while her role is a grandparent.

To me, it is not rude at all. Your child, your rights, your responsibility. Their well being is your responsibilty. I've read got pil wanna open bank acct lah what lah, need to he with them 24/7 lah omgaaawwd. Dont let them climb over your head. Jia you💪🏻💪🏻 They had their time raising their own kid. If they really wanna raise again, ask them to adopt. Hahaha.

PIL will have a lot to say. Wait till the baby is born, they will suddenly disappear and not even give good help. Anw, advise to you is to find alternative source, just in case and if things turn ugly, you may consider shifting away from them.

Super Mum

Some people are really too much. Lol. She had her chance to be a parent. Now’s yours. You and your husband just go ahead and decide. She can choose to be part of your lives or not

Toxic people usually don’t have the insight to know that they are toxic. Haha. Their world revolves around themselves. I would choose to be as nice and respectful as possible, but still set boundaries. If the boundaries are crossed, then I would do what I need to do.. to protect my family and also to stay sane

TapFluencer

My pil is like that too we are not in talking terms anymore after baby is out because they take my child as if is theirs want to control everything

Super Mum

No I don't think you are too much. She had her chance at raising her children. Now she should let you all raise yours. Her role is to advise not to control

That’s what i said but to her its rude. I just couldn’t understand some people would have the audacity to think they are always right.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles