I have difficulty putting my 2 month old baby to sleep unless she is in carrier. We basically rely very much in carrier to put baby to sleep. But I don't like the idea of using carrier always for fear of future spine problem later on when she grows up. Any other ideas on how to put new born baby to sleep? So far I tried putting her in bouncer, baby swing, lying on her back, sleeping on her tummy, all these didn't work. She didn't even feel sleepy.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can latch baby to sleep or just carry her. They need the security to let them fall asleep. Another way is to swaddle her. I have a few friends swaddling their babies to sleep and it is known that babies tend to sleep longer when swaddled. If you are using an ergonomic carrier in the right way, there should be no worries on their spine development as it caters to their body. My baby have been using a carrier since 1 month old and he is 8 months now.

Read more

hy baby will have d habbit...whatever u will use fr. starting..either swing or lap or on bed or rocker..it depend upon u...i used rocker for my baby till 9 mnths..later on i used it as chair...but do remember dont put her in rocker throughout d day..use only for sleeping tym.

Some babies just like to be carried. If u carry her correctly in an ergonomic carrier, you are not harming her spine. Baby should be carried upright and legs in a spread squat position. Can join Babywearing Singapore Facebook group to find out more.

Post reply image

hi mummy. I feel u my bb was lidat. actually now also. sometimes u just have to put them in carrier else if keep carrying your bb, it hurts ur wrist. that's what happen to me. for me I use wrap instead of carrier.

Our LO always falls asleep halfway through breastfeeding. Have you tried latching her till she falls asleep?

My girl will always fall asleep while latching her . Maybe you can try on that hope it works on her

2 month old baby is easy to fall asleep if he is not hungry and feel comfortable.