I have clothes and toys I'd like to donate to a charity that my kids have outgrown of. Any recommendations mummies?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That's really kind of you! Here are some places I can think of at the top of my head where you drop off your donations of toys and clothes: 1) Sanctuary House - Sanctuary House is a non-profit organisation that provides foster care for children (infants and children 3-6) and support for families. This organisation provides toys and supplies to households helping to look after these children. Items can be delivered to the Sanctuary House office, from where they will be distributed. It is open 9am-6pm, daily. Address: Sanctuary House, 159A Thomson Road, S307612, Phone: 6221 0588 Email: [email protected] Website: www.sanctuaryhouse.com.sg 2) Babes Crisis Pregnancy Support - This organisation helps alleviate the financial and emotional burdens of teenage mums (21 and below) by donating baby-related supplies. They also help teenage moms make informed decisions about their lives and their babies'. Besides clothes and toys, you can donate things like formula milk, diapers, baby cots, prams, pretty much anything a new mom might need. Donation collection happens all year round. You can visit their website at: http://babes.org.sg and to donate, drop them an email at [email protected].

Read more
VIP Member

I'd say Babes Pregnancy Crisis Support Ltd would be good for clothes meant for young children! They'll be given to teenage mothers who may need them :) For toys, you can consider Share Your Spare Singapore (on Facebook) too! They collect the toys and sends them overseas to make toy libraries for those in rural areas :) I wouldn't recommend places like Salvation Army because many people give their items there, and they end up with too many things but most may not pass their inspections - those that do pass would be in the thrift shop or warehouse waiting for someone to discover them.

Read more
VIP Member

There are a few places you can donate your items at. If you use Facebook frequently, there are help groups like PARK $2 Project which often collates information of donation drives and charities which require such items. Do also consider donating to MINDS as it helps the intellectually disabled gain confidence in manning the retail outlets and sorting out donations. The money raised is used to fund their programs. http://www.minds.org.sg/Shop.html

Read more
VIP Member

Salvation Army. I don't trust those children welfare houses claim to collect baby items and clothes. i saw them dumping a lot of things that were usable and in good condition. Ever since then i only drop to salvation army or i will send to those mission group who goes overseas to the rural areas

Drop them off at the children's home. You may want to try chan su lan children's home. Or bless them out on Facebook pages or Carousell.

I always drop stuff off to salvation army