I have behavioral issues with my kid. he is 3.8 years old and doesn't listen to me or any of the family members we chose to ignore many of his habits like chewing playing objects,toys or any things continuously etc... due to this he keeps suffering from infections . he's has started retaliating to what we say after he has joined hi school. doesn't even listens to his dad. He intentionally takes a lot of time in doing things like eating and doing homework.. .he is very fussy and i have to feed him day and night if i wont feed he will not eat anything. Whenever I ask him to do his homework he takes more than a hour to complete it which he can just do in 5 mins. He keeps fiddling and falling down when I ask him to study. Otherwise he's very bright but his teachers have also started complaining that he doesn't listen to them. I would have to repeat things 5 times he chose to ignore us a lot..he keeps fighting with his small sister too. It's only when I give him warnings he understands. He watches tv for 1 hr in a day and that too only dora mickey mouse and all.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

dear mom, 3.8 years is still a baby! and i genuinely felt that you are expecting your little one to behave in a far more mature way than his age. from things such as studying and finishing his homework, i felt that it is a lot of pressure on him. my younger one is 3.4 and trust me, things are really chilled out at home and she is doing great, being her own self and also able to catch on with everything she is being taught. i think when we place too much emphasis on teaching our kids from such an early age, they get tense and stress out. why not let him enjoy this phase? it is already a time of lots of developmental changes and learning for him, so i would suggest let him learn and grow at his pace. if he takes an hour to do something, let him take that time. why the competition and the rush to finish it in 5 minutes? if he doesn't want to do something immediately it's fine no? let it be. he has an entire lifetime to get into the rat race and rush, so why not let him enjoy his baby days a little bit more and instead pamper him with more love, attention and just the silly things of childhood?

Read more
7y ago

:) i am glad!