Family or job

I have been working for 7 years in same company and thinking of quitting as I can’t seem to cope with 3 children. Need opinion of others. would it make sense quit job because we’re overwhelmed with it and focus on family? What would you do if you’re husband is able to support you financially? SAHM or employ helper to help out while working full time?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are many factors to consider. The age of your kids and also, where your job stands in your life. I would prefer to focus on family if there is no financial concern but you have to be prepared for a significant change of lifestyle, physically and mentally. Over time, it might take a toll on you due to the difference. Your current lifestyle allows you to enjoy financial freedom (I presume) and have a sense of fulfilment whereas a SAHM has a different set of challenges and happiness. It is important to get your husband’s support in the decision that you make and remember, your happiness is valid :) there is no right or wrong answer as long as it’s done in the best interest of your children.

Read more
VIP Member

Spending with family is a blessing always , once they grow we can’t see them closely , if you have a chance and you love to take it as a challenge my suggestion is quitting is the best option , you can go back when ever possible as u already have an experience of ur work life .

VIP Member

How about taking a break for few months first.. Take this as a chance to see if you are financially good with one salary. You can’t keep going for long with all the stress going on. May be think of changing stream ?

2y ago

Yeah, was thinking the same too unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to get any company that allows such flexibility. I am able to wfh every now and then, start work anytime of day as long as work gets done. What makes it hard in my line of work are the crucial deadlines the constant need to be alert all the time and being a mom, what more mom of 3, we tend to not get enough sleep so definitely will affect that

VIP Member

I might take No Paid Leave for a break and use the break to think through this important decision. I will want to be financial independent so I will continue working.

2y ago

This is also something i can consider. Thanks Jing :)

VIP Member

It would be nice if you could take a break and focus on the kids, as mental peace would open opportunities to better tomorrow for both u n kids 👍

Maybe take a break from work first and see how it is? After recharging can decide if wanna be SAHM or work at another place and get helper

TapFluencer

i was retrenched in early 2019 & havent resumed working yet, trying to manage 2 kids

2y ago

Have you been a full time working mom all along? May i ask if you feel pressured staying at home /not working? After all, not working means no income of own :(