Work Related

Hi mummies, Would you move to a role for better development in terms of covering a wider scope of job nature with a slight pay cut, slighter lesser leaves by 3 days, however the company have more flexibility and encouraged work life balance. Or would you stay in a job just because you are comfortable, however working 30min more, but job is not fulfilling and mundane. And work life balance is not definite as its numbers driven? Please advise. Thank you.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would go for first option. If you're a mum/wife and you have one or more kids. Work Life Balance is the key to everything in order you are able to watch your little one growth journey, you are able to cater to his/her needs and you're able to fulfill the events/occassion at any point that your family's having. After all, once we have a little one in our family, having WLB is important. I dont mind the slight pay cut, leave just to meet the flexibility. I, too previously had a huge pay cut from the same company just that I change my roles, my LOA terms and conditions and the flexibility that I requested hence the huge pay cut from previous role.But, I am more happy as I get more time with my little one.

Read more
TapFluencer

personally prefer flexibility & work life balance coz there's more to life than just work... time is precious too