Make sense to change?

Our family currently uses a toyota wish. Family of 6 with one helper. However we are thinking of downgrading to a 5 seater. Reason being, husband is always working seldom tag along. He has his own motorcycle too. Helper prefers to stay home most time. (we have pets at home and she couldn’t be separated from her cat hah) also monthly quite high cuz parf car. would you stick to current car or get a cheaper five seater? Although car may not be essential, at the moment it is to us as we have to send kids to school, appointments and others. School bus charging us $300 per month. Thats more than our petrol😅

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If your husband has a motorcycle and your helper seldom follow you unless necessary then why not? If that's for other purpose then yeah you should downgrade and save some penny for others. Well, yes at times you need to bring along your helper, but if it is 3 adults and 4 kids (young kids) then I shall say it would fit. I mean paying a 7 seater to 5 seater price differ quite a sum per month. Hence I would say make the necessary switch. But ever make a discussion with your spouse what did he say? I mean end day boils down to whats need and whats want and whats necessary.

Read more
7mo ago

Yeah I can definitely relate to that however end day livinh in SG never cheap we got to think of ahead. So sometimes we have to give in a little. Unless you think that you would still like to maintain to 7 seater and only change when you are ready then your choice.

VIP Member

Yes Sch bus is super ex nowadays. Ownself send really cheaper currently. Also, having a PARF car is better than owning a COE car to me. However, I’ll downgrade to save the extra for now. In future u can always upgrade but at least, you reap the savings now. My family also 6 pax. Kids no longer in preschool so means no more that kind of small size. But still, we r squeezing into a normal sedan car to still be able to save for now cos everything is v ex now.

Read more

I wish I can exchange my Honda Fits with you.. I have two young kids, husband and me + one helper.. Every weekend go outing is like squeezing all 3 of us like sandwiches.. But no choice, thank u COE.. I think Mummy like us really will be more worried about $$.. For me I rather squeeze now so e money can buy formula for my two kids..

Read more
TapFluencer

my personal pref to save for now