6 Replies

Perhaps it is just that life has gotten into a routine. Things becomes predictable and there is no longer the element of surprise to help keep things interesting. Have a read at this article (http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/07/13/the-5-stages-of-intimacy-in-a-relationship/), you are likely experiencing the “burying” stage of your relationship, where mundane everyday matters get in the way of keeping romance alive. Instead of thinking about ending the relationship (with someone who sounded like he loves you very much) as a solution, how about trying other things to help rekindle your feelings towards him? Go on spontaneous dates, surprise him with breakfast in bed, take a trip somewhere or simply have a staycation, sign up for a class together? Just some suggestions I could think of off the top of my head. There may help break the monotony and inject some excitement into your lives. All relationships need time and effort to sustain. Talk to your husband and he may have some great suggestions too. All the best!

I went through the same thing a couple of years back. But I think breaking apart is no solution. It won't guarantee that you will feel complete otherwise. To get the unknown always seem romantic but it is not. Do not get carried away by the romanticism of your mind and act maturely. As you said that your husband loves you, so that means at least from his end the connection is not lost. I think you can contemplate on going on a holiday with your girlfriends or on your own if you do not at all want to go with your husband. Else going on a little long holiday with your husband can perhaps bring back the lost connection. Keep doing new things with your husband. It is said by experts on relationships that if we do new activities with our partners, it increases the bonding between them. So, for example, bungee jumping, rafting, hiking etc.

if you are saying he is a loving man i think you are still in love with him. maybe daily life has taken a toll and you miss the spark in the relationship. i would suggest you still give it a shot and work at it all over again, as if you are in a new relationship. plan cute and sudden dates, surprise each other, play out some fantasies in the bedroom and cuddle and talk to each other about all those things that interest you. please do try. if he is a loving man as you say, i think he deserves more than moving away from.

you said he is a loving man but maybe not as loving as before. a lot of things change with time including the way we portray our emotions. i am sure he loves you just as much as before, but he is caught up in life and is not able to display it the way he did earlier. start taking breaks together, maybe on the weekends, or even coffee or lunch dates. spend time with each otehr and see how you can build back the connect. don't give up

I don't think there's anything that warrants breaking up a marriage here. There is no infidelity, no trust issue etc -- just a lull or a blah moment in the marriage. Take time to talk to each other, to spice things up. Take a trip somewhere without the kids and remember why you guys fall in love and got married. Please don't give up, I'm sure there is still love there, just need to put some work into reigniting it :)

Go on a short trip together alone To reignite that spark ;)

Related Questions

Related Articles