My hubby and me has been married for 10 years and after we had kids, we have been emotionally disconnected, to the pt we sleeping in separate bedrooms (i moved out cos his snoring disturb my sleep) and he is too tired from work to care. We also seldom talk to each other abt things other than the kids and house stuff and to the point where I would rather do my own things than sit down in the same room as him in silence while he fiddles with his hp. This isn't healthy but I've reached a point where I don't feel upset or hopeful for him to do/say anything first. In fact, I don't feel anything anymore. We've gone for counselling before and things just went back to the way they were before after a while. Anyone in the same situation as me i.e. married for a while and no connection to hubby anymore?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mommy..i feel you..me too..we were married for more than 10 yrs n finally babies of our own..we are still sleeping on the same bed with one bb between us every nite..not much connection as he often connect with his phone..my babies are less than 2 yrs old and i already feeling a kind of indifference in our r/s.. not much intimate moments too..he is often tired and i dont want to feel needy..i got pride too.. at least your hub bother to go thru counselling with you..mine dont even find it an issue or its unhealthy.. jiayou mommy!you all had come such far with family of your own..never stop trying..and be positive that things will work out..im telling myself that too..😉

Read more

Time to time this happens to me and my husband too. But somehow both of us managed to work it out and pull through a heart to heart talk is very useful. Maybe you guys need to find out what works and what are the possibilties of working it out together

How about going for a trip and trying to rekindle the marriage it is possible but it takes a lot of hard work in both parties

VIP Member

why dont you guys try a trip without kids? Try to re-connect without each other?

7y ago

We went on holiday last year and on the same day we returned to Spore, he was back on his hp and computer games. Our situation now is not something one singular trip/try of effort can cure. But I no longer have the desire or motivation to reconnect any further. Just living one day to the other until the kids grow up and I can finally lead my own life again...