I have an Ergo, but I don't have the newborn insert. Does the insert work? Is it worth buying one? Or do babies get too hot in Singapore?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I'd say it depends on how old your child is and whether he/she is comfortable with a carrier in the first place. My son belongs to the type of children who do not like carriers, wraps, slings etc - so he was always carried on our arms until he was about 7-8 months old before we started using a stroller! For the issue on newborn inserts, it's not a matter of how hot it gets - but the child's safety that matters more. You'd have to see what age, height and weight the carrier is suitable for - and when they'll need/can do without the insert. If your child is below any of the required criteria, please do not put your child inside the carrier (or whatever it is!).

Read more

Yup like what Sam mentioned, you need the insert if they below 4 months of when their neck is not strong to support on their own. However, I feel the insert is a waste of money because I bought 1 together with the Ergo but used it like 1-2 times only.

VIP Member

Your baby will need an infant insert if he/she is below 4 months of age. The infant insert provides the support and ensures that your baby is in the right position in the Ergo. You can consider purchasing it second hand for around $30.

Melissa, You may want to go to a store and try them out. The baby carrier charges you $20 to try on babycarriers which can be offset against purchase

how do we know which model to go for? all these carriers are confusing me! :(

thanks