Insert induce thru vagina hurts ?

Ill be induced soon due to baby still too comfortable inside @ KKH. Gynae told me they will insert cervidil(?) through vagina. Those mummies who have went thru this, does it hurt during the insert ? #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cervidil is like a tampon. It is a slow release medication that will be inserted vaginally with a small string sticking out. The nurse taped the string to the side of my thigh. Insertion is not painful but you will feel abit weird and can feel that there is something there like a small piece of plastic/ paper. If you directly sit on it you’ll feel it but most of the time you’re lying down so can’t feel anything. You still can pee and poop as per normal with it inside. I had my enema done with it inside me and I peed as per normal. After awhile you’d get used to it and won’t feel it anymore.

Read more

Insertion is not painful, but checking of dilation n using their fingers to “open” cervix bone is the most painful thing I’ve felt.. 😐

Nope. Doesn’t hurt. To me the checking of dilation hurts more. It’s just uncomfortable because they’ll push in the pills.

doesnt hurt at all. checking dilation is far more pain!