Anyone tried using Tula insert for your babies? Till what age (month) was your baby in the insert and was your baby sweaty in it? I've a wc standard and was wondering if I should just wait for my baby to become older or get an insert.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hard to answer ur question as it is more about the fit of your baby and some baby's are taller/bigger/neck muscle dev faster so can stop slightly earlier(5 months plus minus). If sweaty, what some people do is to only wear it at aircon places or slip a fan (the stroller type ones) on the shoulder strap. U could also place a thin Muslim cloth between the 2 of u to absorb the perspiration - will more comfortable. I think what u can consider if u don't mind is to get the insert second hand as there are pple selling on carousel - since a Tula is exp and why not use it longer right? Hopefully you Can work something out :)

Read more

Yes, it can be warm for baby. As for what age, depends on baby's size. Can be as early as 4 months old if baby is tall, can be as late as 8 to 9 months old if baby is small size. To stop using the infant insert, baby needs to fulfill 2 criteria: 1) Good neck control 2) Long enough legs such that legs won't be hyperextended. I've attached an example of hyperextended legs. The edge of the carrier fabric should end behind the knees, with no bunching up of fabric behind the knees. Legs have to be able to swing freely at the knees.

Read more
Post reply image

Yes, an infant insert is pretty warm and bulky. As Kai Hui has mentioned, how old a baby outgrow an insert really depends alot on their height and neck control. At the moment, if you do not own an insert, you probably can get a second hand. Else, use an infant friendly carrier first? Borrow from a friend or rent from a local Sling Library till your baby can fit in a Tula ergonomically without insert? Alternatively can rent insert or infant carriers from Baby Carriers Rental SG too at www.facebook.com/babycarriersrentalsg

Read more

Depending on the size of your baby, tula inserts are meant to be used until your baby is at least 7kg and big enough to be worn in the Tula with both legs dangling freely down at the knee in the M-position. This can be between 4-6 months depending on your baby's size. And yes, using the insert is alot hotter.

Read more

Oh yes, the insert is hotter afterall extra layers in the carrier right. As to the size, really depends on your child. Some can be in it longer, wheras for the bigger sized babies they will out grow it faster.