books

Hi all.. I have a 3yr old n 1yr old.. What n where kind of books to start reading?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The library is a really good place to discover their interests. I really like the Woodlands library. But happy to give you some names of popular books - My child is 2 years 9 months old now. Some of her current favourites are - Good night Little Bear, Where is the Green Sheep, 10 little fingers 10 Little Toes, Lars the Polar Bear books, Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs, Sheep in a Jeep, the Curious George books, the Franklin tortoise books, We’re going on a Bear Hunt, the Little Monster books by Mercer Mayer, Percy’s Park books by Nick Butterworth, the Munch Bunch books, and now the Peppa Pig books. When she was younger, she enjoyed Karen Katz’s ‘Baby Loves’ series/ Where is Baby’s Belly Button. Also ‘The very hungry caterpillar’, Goodnight Moon, Pat the Bunny, and Each Peach Pear Plum.

Read more
VIP Member

Try the library. I borrow books often for the kids, they are about the same age as yours. They have dedicated sections for babies and toddlers. 1 yr old: picture books with lots of colours, peek a boo flaps, shiny mirrors, few words per page. Hardcover type strongly advised as they WILL tear soft copy pages. 3 yr old: books with pictures and more engaging storyline, with characters to follow, e.g. 3 little pigs, hungry caterpillar etc. Soft copies possible but hardcopies may still be better if want to avoid damaging library books.

Read more
Super Mum

Library! Colors, shape books for 1 yr old. I like those hide and seek book, where u need to find certain things for the 3 yr old.

VIP Member

To save your cost, you can borrow books from library! Look for those big and colorful books! Read with them every night!;)

VIP Member

Whatever books interest them My boy was interested in a lot of cars, trains and dinosaurs He also likes adventure books

Bring them to library. Let them choose what they like and from there you can notice what kind of books they like

VIP Member

I bring them to the library and let them choose. Thereafter, I know what kind of books my baby really enjoy.

VIP Member

Those lift the flap books are fun for my toddler! TIMES has quite a huge selection.

Super Mum

Board books. Don't have to worry about the toddlers tearing the books.