I have 3 month old dau. I am not sure if i am going to allow her to sleep on my bed or put her in baby cot. Any parents put baby on their bed?? How would you feel that you have another person in the centre?? Do husband or wife feel distanced?? How to you coped? Especially on intimacy?? Seriously; dont know what to do??

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

for my first born, we tried to co sleep with him for a few times. it didn't really work out well as there are times we are too tired & deeply in sleep tat we totally forget abt him been in the centre. after tat we put him in his cot & we dun really co sleep with him anymore. for #2, he start to co sleep with us from 2 months onwards as he need to latch. thereafter, he refused to go back to his cot until abt 1.5yrs old. now he only prefer his cot. Haha... for intimacy, there is always other ways or places within the house to do & help to spice up abit. hee... have fun!

Read more

My Son has been sleeping in between me n hubby since birth. No issue at all. Mine is King size bed so plenty of space. Still can hug. At times will hold hands n zzz & sometimes hug Son n zzz. If we need to get intimate,we will do it after Son is asleep. Although few times he woke up halfway but that doesn't spoil our mood. Both of us prefer Son to zzz in between as we both enjoy the bonding with our Son

Read more

My #2- #4 has been co-sleeping with us sine baby till maybe ard 1 year old. So far we are kind of season already. In terms of intimacy, will just put baby at his cot when he is sound asleep and things carry on, how else can have #3 and #4. Jia you ... You can do it. So long as you have the urge to do it, you will find ways and means.

Read more
VIP Member

My girl slp with us since born till she is bigger we merge her cot to the same level as out bed and co sleep together. We always do when baby is deeply asleep. Now still the same, baby girl slp in her bed, while my son slp beside or center of the bedc depend which breast he is latching. We make out only when they are deeply aslp.

Read more

I slept with my babies on the floor. It's safer and less troublesome because we could fell asleep at the same time. I moved to my own bed when necessary :-) My husband and I are still intimate even until now.., after 14 years of marriage :-)

My husband will crush me when he sleeps, needless to say a baby. Its not safe for us to co sleep. And i prefer not to. Yes, having said that one of the reason i have never co sleep with my son is because of worrying intimacy issues.

my 8mths old co sleep with us since birth, but I do put him in his baby cot to sleep when I need a good sleep and also to get him to sleep at his own bed. ultimately I would prefer him to sleep on his cot as he grow older.

We have been co-sleeping with my firstborn since born as I am breastfeeding them and continue to do so with my second born. Up to date, we have co-sleep close to 4 years and never regret it.

VIP Member

Sometimes baby sleep between us, but we also have another rocking cot next to our bed where she sleeps. She also has a cot in her own room. So we switch between the three. :)

Post reply image

my baby girl Co sleep with us since she's born. for few mths she'll slp by my side after that change to in between mi and hub. so far so gd and she's going to 10 mths soon.