sleeping with LO

Hi mummies! At what age do you start sleeping with LO? My LO is only 2 months but sometimes shes fussy when sleeping in her cot and I sleep with her on my bed to put her at ease but I heard it can be dangerous. Tips on how to co-sleep with her?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i try not to co sleep with my 1mo+ girl but only when shes fussy to sleep in her cot. she sleeps super well on our bed and with mummy and daddy tgt 😅 but i always make sure to ask my hubs to give more space between them (hubs and baby : both sleep like gorilla 😅) and once my girl in deep sleep, i will carry her carefully to her cot. at times she will wake up and cry, and have to repeat cycle.

Read more
VIP Member

i put baby cot beside my bed, it is interconnected, at night she sleeps at her cot and I sleep beside her/the cot, for blocking her way out, and I put bolster and pillows at the edge of the bed for safety, sometimes she will climbs up my body, bcos she wakes up earlier than me, lol

Our baby sleep with us after her first month on our bed. What we did was both of us sleep nearer to both the outer end of our king size bed (Left and Right), while baby sleep in the middle so that we both can monitor and care for Baby throughout the night.

4y ago

This is done by wife and husband reminding each other every night before sleeping to be careful not to bang into baby after we sleep. The most ideal plan is both daddy and mummy sleep straight on our back.

VIP Member

I have been co sleeping since nb because they wake up to often for feed and sleeps better with me by the side. Im also a light sleeper so Im quite sensitive to movements. If I sleep beside, I get longer sleep period than if I put baby down on bed.

Super Mum

I also don’t sleep with my baby because it’s dangerous. But when she was about 2 months, sometimes I would let her nap with me by putting her in a crib/co-sleeper which is placed on my bed.. so that prevents me from rolling onto her

My baby sleep with me till now 18 months. I remove the bed frame and cover pillow around to support baby not to fall off. So far ok.

From the hospital bed. But I won't recommend co-sleeping for parents who are heavy sleepers.

TapFluencer

I Co sleep with baby since nb. Easier for me to latch the baby at night

VIP Member

Use a co-sleeper or bassinet and put on your bed to be safe

Can put those beanie pillows at her side.