Life after baby. Please share with me how is yours. I need that. Thank you.

I had a baby late last year. It was a precious moment and without saying my baby is my love of my life and this is nothing got to do with my baby. Its about me and husband and in law. Firstly I am so thankful that my in law helped us alot when we just had the baby. No doubt without them it will be tough on us as this is our first baby. But slowly as time goes by many things happened. Let me just shorten it and say it in general, I felt that in law and even the husband tries to control everything on what I do or handle my baby. Seems like things I did is wrong most of the time. My opnions or suggestions were not acknowledged. Worst, when misunderstanding happened even the husband was with his parents. I was totally shocked by that. I understood wrong is wrong but you know sometimes you need your loved one to be there for you right? But not for me in this case. Its like 3 vs 1. Honestly I just felt like leaving. I just felt so sad than being unhappy. And since all this happened I distant myself from them. It is sad. My feelings for husband changed too. For all the times I have been there for him this is what I got from him after having a baby. I can only sigh and live through day by day. To me his effort of taking care of baby was just an okay and its annoying. Here I am being exhausted and at the same time wanted to do my way to take care of my baby which I can't do that happily as there is too many rules there are this people being so selfish and don't realised it. Also husband kind of prefer his parents to take care of baby rather than mine reason is his side this is their first but my side this is the 9th but I felt why not make it fair as both sides its still my baby grandparents right? See I told you when it comes to this my feelings just don't seem important to husband. He just thinks what he wants and make his family happy. I am just sad so sad. Where is the little respect as a mum to my baby goes now? I wonder. Do you went through this too? I hope not but please share with me if its a yes. Thank you mummies. #1stimemom #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

First of all have u talk to ur husband ur feeling? U should really sit down talk to him. If not u msg him. Don’t let this become a divorce case. Is not fair for ur lovely baby. If u don’t say out ur problem to him, soon u will be having depression. R u staying with ur in laws? Is really good that ur in laws r helping take care of ur baby. Ur husband side ur in law, because he feels that thy r more experience. Sometimes staying with others, u got to close 1 eye. This will make u feel better. I also have my own problem. But is too long to share over here.

Read more
3y ago

Exactly Shirley yes where in the world baby need feeding hourly right? Still husband told me that I am wrong to be mad about this and how do I know baby is not hungry? This is common sense. Baby milk got spoilt before as they don't close the lid tightly still I kept quiet. Baby bottle cleaned not proper still have milk solid after cleaning still I kept quiet. When feeding baby milk not shaked properly and still have powder also I kepr myself shut. How much more I need to tolerate and keep on swallowing? All this basics they can't get it right by when comes to controlling and demand this and that suddenly become so good about it. What is this means? Where do I stand now or where is the tiniest respect for me as a mother to my baby? Not at all. Imagine all this happened but husband still think its alright and to him nothing to worry about. I will try my best to ignore them. Its them because my parents gave the chance to them to take care as my baby is their first grandchild. My side my b