6 weeks pregnant

hello, i just got back from a&e, as today afternoon i found out i was bleeding like brown spotting then at night it became fresh red blood it was just spotting but im still worried.. doctor said that my cervix is closed just vaginal bleeding. she advised me to take a medication called ( dydrogesterone ) twice a day, to support my pregnancy. & also said that is normal for me to spot during my 1st trimester. checked baby heart beat, everything is ok but my worries is just once i reach home i ate & ate the medication that doctor advised me to take, my spotting got worsen is not spotting anymore but is also not flowing like period should i be concerned ? and go back to a&e again ? as i only had 1 child & i have never go through this situation before. i took folic acid every morning & also pregnancy vitamin every night too , although i don’t drink a lot of water but i still do. what should i do to prevent M if possible ? or what can i do to have a healthy pregnancy now ? is there any mummies who has gone through what im going though now or has eaten the same medication i having right now ? i just need somemore advises & reassurance for my heart to feel calm & stress / worried free … how long does it takes for the bleeding to stop while taking the medication & folic acid ?? any mummies know ? 😭 #advicepls #seconbaby #6weeks

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When I was in my first trimester (I can’t remember which week) , I was preparing for work and somehow I felt dripping and then I notice blood on my floor and I sense something wasn’t right.. i was devastated and kept telling my family “it’s gone it’s gone… “ I did not feel any cramp or pain just bleeding and have never experienced before .. So I just waited for my sister(she experienced the same before and was very calm and told me nothing will happen) to send me to hospital .. the doctor checked for heart beat first , and baby heart beat was still there .. then they check for active bleeding.. thankfully mine stop which probably is due to the a cyst or something and I was also given an injection on my butt as well as given duphaston.. and anyway I was ordered to bed rest and not carry any heavy stuff.. And I am my 3rd trimester now! Sending positivity to you!

Read more

I has spotting on and off in week 10-12 and even heavy red bleeding around week 15 first trimester. Was put on duphaston till week 20, currently week 25, all is good with bb so far after stopping for more than a month now. so i think dont worry too much i think the pill will help. Try to take more bed rest and don’t get stressed. Realised i spotted when in bad mood. Dont over strain also

Read more

Hi mummy, I do experience brown discharge in my 1st trimester. Doc gave me duphaston for pregnancy support. This is to prevent MC. So long is not red blood should be fine. Just rest more and walk less. The discharge will go away as could be old blood. Keep positive mind. Now I’m in my 2nd trimesters and everything’s good. Hope all goes well for you too.

Read more
4mo ago

Roughly about few weeks. It doesn’t stop immediately after the Med but gradually will reduce and be gone.

Hi Rachel, I was also given dydrogesterone in my 1st trimester when I had vaginal bleeding. Was admitted to kkh for 3 days for observation and rest. My foetus grew 0.3mm at that time.. Now 10months on, I gave birth 2 months ago to a healthy chubby baby boy. ;) Try to walk less and rest more. 1st Tri is always very risky.

Read more
3mo ago

Hi @rachel, hmmm took me about 4 weeks of walking less and rest before my spotting stopped. I would say by week 13 and 14, I was up and about again and felt more stable. :)

Honestly folic acid is just a supplement, it doesnt prevent it from happening. And yes i was also given the pill to be taken for 2 weeks. And now my bb is 3 months okd healthy. If the spotting got worse or more or even red blood, please go back to a&e! Don’t wait for another day. Just to be sure.

I experienced it in my 1st trimester. Doctor told me its a condition, cant remember what its called but she said something about the inside is soft cause of pregnancy hormone. I had same worries as you but end up got tired of worrying. lol. Im now in my 25th week.

hi, the medication is not supposed to make u bleed. its supposed to stop the spotting or bleeding! if u had spotting and become heavier blood flow, then pls go back to a&e immediately. this is not a gd sign! fresh red blood is a sign of miscarriage.

also just to add on, i do not have cramps / abdominal cramps or pain. just back pain & bleeding fresh red blood, not until a full pad..

3mo ago

Hi Rachel, I hope u have seen a doctor about this. Hope all is well for you. :)

have more bed rest. if worries fo back and ask for jab. it is normal for my 2 pregnancy

When in doubt, just get help. All the very best to you