jaundice baby

Hi all! I just gave birth not too long ago and baby is diagnose with jaundice. Did morning suntan and i notice my baby looks so red and tanned now!! :(( will she turn back to fair skin? Anything i can do to make her skin better? Im also bathing her with kayu sepang from sinseh to lower her jaundice..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It’s not recommended to do suntanning. Baby’s skin is likely to get burnt, without too much help with the jaundice levels. Keep feeding baby well, so baby will poop more and the jaundice levels will also come down. It’s super important to keep baby hydrated, so just feed on demand. No need specific intervals. Top up with formula. That helps too

Read more
Super Mum

Doctors don't recommend sunbathing now as it's not effective and might cause damage from the harmful UV rays. Bathing in herbal baths have not been proven effective either. Did your baby's doctor recommend phototherapy? Usually for more severe cases that's an option. If not too severe it will go down on its own eventually so don't worry too much :).

Read more
TapFluencer

Keep feeding the baby so that they will poo n pee more. Plus get the flower from Tcm (just tell them for jaundice). Crash d flower, bring to boil and get it ready for bb shower. If is milk jaundice, it will take longer. Do regularly for the jaundice check to monitor the no

VIP Member

Can try bathing your baby with jaundice flowers which bought from tcm..its quite effective after several washes. My lo has recovered from jaundice 225 to 66 (within range 100), the doctor also got a shock after seeing the blood test results.😂

VIP Member

She will get better but try not to suntan for too long. Only do it for 10 min between 7am to 8am. Let her drink more milk and make sure she is peeing by counting wet diapers.

Pls dun suntan your baby ..