Baby jaundice

I have yet to deliver but from what i read or heard, blood group O parents will most likely get baby with high jaundice. Is it true ? Will all babies get jaundice ? And if the jaundice is not so high, will they still need to extend their stay in hospital ? And usually how long does jaundice last? #FTM

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me and my baby blood type O Positive, baby have jaundice this is normal and common. reading musn't reach 245 consider High and will required for baby to go phototherapy. below 214 consider ok still. make sure baby drink and keep them dihydrate. If NB w jaundice sleep during their feeding hrs make sure to wake them up gently to feed, Jaundice baby tend to sleep more due to drowsiness. BF and FM will do. for BF mommies make sure to avoid tumeric, garlic and ginger. as for me i practice all that and now my baby is free from jaundice w reading of 22. no phototherapy treatment. Just normal daylight before 10am and BF and FM feeding only.

Read more

Never heard of it before. However, most babies will have jaundice. Should the jaundice be high, before discharged either they will ask to do photo light therapy for a day/two. Alternatively, if still within normal range, just a follow up at the nearest polyclinic. You might have to do another check again if it is still not cleared from jaundice. It can last for a week to a month. This depend on baby body immunity.

Read more

I don't think so. I'm type B, I had jaundice as a baby and my firstborn had it too. But for us likely cz we both have G6PD deficiency. My sister didn't have it and she didn't have any jaundice as a baby. My 2nd is a girl and I'm hoping she doesn't get G6PD deficiency and jaundice when she's born in a few months' time.

Read more

I don't think jaundice gt to do with blood type? As my blood type B, and both my 1st 2 kids have jaundice. 1st kids recovered very fast, 2nd kid have to undergo photolight therapy for 2days, having my 3rd kid in few days time, praying this time no jaundice.

Yes, my friend who is O blood type said so. Her sons had prolonged jaundice but both are fine eventually. My baby had mild jaundice and was discharged without extending. It took her around 1 month to pass the jaundice test.

Can go and read up or ABO incompatibility hemolysis. Our LO has severe jaundice on day 2 and had to be admitted to the NICU. Reason being mum’s type is O+ and LO is B.

if this is your first 2 kid, probably won't have Jaundice. the more kid you have, they'll tend to have Jaundice. was told by doc and I find it super true.

TapFluencer

😮🤔