I feel guilty

I gave birth to my LO last january. He's our first and had actually a long wait before he was given to us. As first time parents, we always think of giving the best for him, all he needs and all the must haves. We love our son so much. But soon as we have him, most of his things were given to us, most were hand-me- downs. So we were quite hesitant of buying new ones coz it quite felt like a waste of the blessings. Like the crib, carseat,high chairs were passed down from my niece, but luckily are black and red coloured, most of his clothes were given by my friend who literally like given almost all her baby's clothes. I mean like we have the means, we also bought clothes and things for him. It's just that I sometimes get this feeling that we are not providing him the best that we promised to him and ourselves. Whenever i share this with my husband, he just say dont worry much, we can still give him the best when grows up. Before i got pregnant, i used to say the first borns are very lucky, they get all the new and best ones. I am a second child so i have this guilty feeling..that maybe that has something to do with me not giving the best for my first born. God, I know this sounds petty. I hope this is just some post partum thoughts that i need to throw away.. #1stimemom #advicepls

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t think like that. I have a son too, only one for now. We also received a lot of hand me downs from a lot of well meaning friends and we are so happy about it. Because this means we get to save money to get other first hand items for him! This is the best we can do as parents :) doesn’t mean new means best!

Read more