my baby drank GREEN amniotic fluid 😭😭😭

My baby drank my amniotic fluid. I couldn't help but blame myself. As a mother-to-be, when I heard the doctor's serious tone in my labor process, my heart sank. My baby had swallowed some of the amniotic fluid, which had turned green because of his poop (at least that was all i know). It was scary because we hadn't even met yet, and things were already going wrong.... I felt all sorts of emotions—scared, guilty, and desperate. How could something as normal as giving birth turn into a fight for my baby's life? The idea of losing him before I even got to hold him was too much to bear. The medical team rushed around, and each moment felt like forever. I prayed like never before, hoping for a miracle to keep my little one safe. It felt like we were racing against time, and my worry just grew and grew. Then, finally, I heard his cries—a beautiful sound that filled the room with relief. Tears of joy streamed down my face as I held him close. I was so grateful that he had made it through. But our journey wasn't over yet. My baby had to go to the NICU, and it broke my heart to see him hooked up to all those machines. Every day was a rollercoaster of emotions, but I stayed strong for him, knowing that he was a fighter who had already overcome so much. If you are going to give birth, please do not ignore any signs whatsoever because it could be a dangerous signal regarding your baby. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey Mummy, baby swallowing poo, drink amniotic fluid is something you can't avoid. It happened. You can't blame yourself in regards to this. You will never know when, how, why it happened. As long as baby + you safe and in good hands of medical team then we should be really really thankful. Dont blame yourself. Happy confinement, rest well and hopefully all are better now. 🫂

Read more

Congrats Mummy and your nb! I'm sure your NB is as strong as you, and is well taken care of by the docs and nurses. Pls focus on your recovery so that you can be there when your NB is ready to be discharged. Jiayou!

Hi mummy, please don’t blame yourself! It’s not your fault at all, such things happen. Rest well! And hope your baby is better soon!

I don’t think there’s anything you could do to prevent it? So don’t be so hard on yourself. Baby will be a fighter :)

TapFluencer

🙏💕

👍