Will polyclinic refer me to kkh for gynae check up?

Hello I just found out im pregnant few weeks ago. I'm just wondering if I should straight away go to kkh for ultrasound check up or go to the nearest polyclinic and let them refer me to kkh? Because i would like to save cost using medisave etc. Any moms out there goes to the polyclinic for regular check ups and then give birth in kkh with any random doctor? Or do you stick through with one doctor until baby is born?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can go to the poly clinic and ask for referral to KKH and I think it will be cheaper , you can choose subsidise class and save cost using medisave (only claimable for delivery & pre delivery expenses) they have a cap amount for the claim , just check with them . Husbands medisave can be used as well . Just note that you’ll be seeing different doctors everytime and they won’t be contactable via mobile if you have any urgent concerns . You’ll need to call the hotline which is only available during office hours . The check up can only be done at the hospital and its affordable because the government will subsidise a portion of it but just note that you’ll need to pay cash for every visit and claim medisave after labour . (Pre delivery expenses as mentioned on the top part.) hope this helps .

Read more
5y ago

You are welcome ! All the best .

I am under the subsidized route which meant i went to polyclinic and got a referral to my choice of govt hospital which is kkh. The checkups are not done in polyclinic but at kkh itself. Part of the fees are medisave deductable. If u dont mind not having a specific gynae etc...., then the subsidized route would be okay.

Read more
5y ago

Hi.. frm what i remembered during the first checkup, there was the regular height/weight and urine test, blood test for both me and hubby, first ultrasound and consultation with doc. I also took flu jab. Cost wise, there were some which was subsidised such as consultation, medcines and few other things but not all i think. Have to refer to the invoice so cant recall.

VIP Member

Get referral from polyclinic and go KKH as subsidized patient. Of course will be cheaper than going directly. But as subsidized patient you will be seeing different Doc every time based on availability. But you can always choose private gynec in KKH for later part of your pregnancy.

1y ago

We can decide the the gynae for delivery at later part as well? Even we use referrals

If you want to be a subsidy patient at KKH, you need to go to poly to ask for referral!

Super Mum

If you have the budget, go for private to save precious time.

VIP Member

I got letter from polyclinic. and diff Dr everytime

yes. They give referal letter and get appointment

Yes. Just tell the gp

VIP Member

Go polyclinic as they will give u a referral letter to kkh and u will be seen as subsidised patient , if you go kkh straight u will be seen as private patient

5y ago

But under subsidised, it will be different doctor each visit and all the best !

Go polyclinic to go through the subsidised rate. Doc from polyclinic will ask if you want kkh or nuh. But both will be under subsidised rate. Take note subsided rate means different gynae for every appt.

5y ago

Hello! Thanks for the heads up😁