Will polyclinic refer me to kkh for gynae check up?

Hello I just found out im pregnant few weeks ago. I'm just wondering if I should straight away go to kkh for ultrasound check up or go to the nearest polyclinic and let them refer me to kkh? Because i would like to save cost using medisave etc. Any moms out there goes to the polyclinic for regular check ups and then give birth in kkh with any random doctor? Or do you stick through with one doctor until baby is born?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can go to the poly clinic and ask for referral to KKH and I think it will be cheaper , you can choose subsidise class and save cost using medisave (only claimable for delivery & pre delivery expenses) they have a cap amount for the claim , just check with them . Husbands medisave can be used as well . Just note that you’ll be seeing different doctors everytime and they won’t be contactable via mobile if you have any urgent concerns . You’ll need to call the hotline which is only available during office hours . The check up can only be done at the hospital and its affordable because the government will subsidise a portion of it but just note that you’ll need to pay cash for every visit and claim medisave after labour . (Pre delivery expenses as mentioned on the top part.) hope this helps .

Read more
5y ago

You are welcome ! All the best .