Subsidised at kkh, changed to private doctor @ mount alvenia near birth possible?

Hi, I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Anyone have any clue if we can go for our check up via the subsidised route at kkh till near birth? We would like to deliver at mount alvenia and we have a doctor in mind. But because this pregnancy is low risk, we were thinking to go for scans and check up through the subsidised route to save money. Please advise. Thank you!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's quite difficult now to have your preferred private gynae unless you have booked earlier cos there are many pregnant mums this yr and most popular gynaes are already booked till middle or late this yr. If you wanna go for subsidised route need to have referral from polyclinic. If you just walk in to the hospital you will be considered as under private

Read more

you can check up at KKH subsidised clinic but you will need a referral from polyclinic. As for delivery at private hospital, need to check with the gynae of choice how far into pregnancy will they accept. E.g. some drs only accept patients less than 32weeks pregnancy.

u have to check with the private gynea when the latest they can accept you. I did the switch from kk to private after 20 week detailed scan

it is possible if the gynae you want have slots for you. i switched during week 21.

TapFluencer

you will need to check if your gynae is available and when you can do the switch

VIP Member

usually can try switching around 2 weeks if your gynae is available