I find it tiring to bring my 17 month old toddler out. She does not like to hold my hand or sit in a stroller. I always had to keep an eye on her, and I did not manage to shop for anything. How do you mummies manage your toddler when you are bringing him/her out?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I babywore her that time. I started road safety teachings when she was younger and insisted that crossing of roads must hold hands. I began with neighbourhood walks. At shopping mall I will insist on holding hands else off to home we go. Set a couple of rules with your child and abide by it. After awhile, your child will automatically hold hands with you. If I had to pay money or hands held up or eyes held up, I would instruct her to hold on to my shirt or place her hand into my pocket or hold on to my pants. My LO wasn't a stroller person from young; said I couldn't carry anymore or no strength and she would sit inside. All these take time. Have to keep reinforcing.

Read more

I used to babywear my toddler coz that would strap her onto me while I shop. She wont run away or I had to run after her. Most toddlers love that closeness coz of the security bond. It is easier than pushing stroller. I bought a hipseat and still strapped my 2y6mths and he loves it. After a while, they will get used to babywear and enjoys it. If possible, buy hipseat so they can look outwards and u wont be so tired.

Read more

It's hard enough for me to go out in public due to several anxiety so I tell Zainna she has to sit in the stroller and explain why it scares mommy when you run off. So now she does very well for the most part. Try to arrange your erroneous around her schedule so she is not hng sleep usually after a na pl and a snake

Read more

Consistency is the best thing we can teach our child. Set rules and stick with it. Simple rules. And that means if you say, no holding of hands means going home, then you will have to abide by it. It is indeed very texting, yet at the same time Rewarding. A lesson which will go a long way.