I feel so moved by each news that I read in the newspaper, feel scared when my husband travels or my daughter goes to park that she may get hurt, and all sorts of negative things keep coming to mind. I do try to tell myself that I have to be positive all the time when I think of something that disturbs me. Can this be depression?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think, we all go through such phases and the trick is not to think too much. I am sure you must be reading about al the gory news or hearing about it when you were young, and would have felt bad and sorry. But now you are letting your mind getting affected by it. I am not saying close your mind, of course do your bit to make world a better place to live in but do not let the bad fact your happiness. In fact make your happy state infectious. I know it is difficult but I am sure when you get the gory things so easily, then you will be able to get the happy bit even more easily.

Read more

it is true that we are living in times when most of the news around us is only sad and depressing. feeling low and worrying about the safety of your loved ones is natural, but please do not let this bug you down. also, if you constantly keep thinking about the negative aspects, you will lose out on enjoying with your family and loved ones. while there is so much sadness around, why not create your own happy ones with your loved ones? :)

Read more

yes times are such now that we only get to hear and read horrible news. but i would suggest you stay away from reading too much about this. of course it is natural to be concerned and aware of whatever happens around us, but not at the cost of your own mental peace. be positive and concentrate on the good moments with your family, and i am sure you will be able to strike a balance.

Read more