My son ask me to go away and prefers dad over me.

I just feel like I'm such a failure. Whenever he cry or throw tantrum , he will prefer his dad and whenever he sees me ard, he will ask me to go away. Am I really such a bad parent ? And my husband will just ask me to go away too cos he doesn't want me to agitate him. It just hurts me alot. Like I'm a nobody on this household. I know its stupid, but I'm under so much stress that I have suicidal thoughts.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hugs dear. i know it is hard but rest assured he loves both of you. it is best to move away from the child first and let him calm down before u go over to reiterate and explain what happen. you are not a nobody. you gave birth, you manage the household, you do everythg. dont overthink okay. take one day at a time.

Read more
2y ago

you are doing great. dont let anyone tell u indifferently. everyday is a learning experience w a child. you learn together about each other and u grow better together. kids have alot of emotions build up and unaware of their actions. dont take it too heart ya mama. w ur husb the only way is to have a discussion what u can do better in his eyes and take it as a feedback. Hugs. i hope things will be better for u tmr. aft tmr then we can think abt next day ya.