I feel so guilty now. Today is the first time I let my lo tried fm. She have been on bm since birth. She's 1 years old now.. The feeling in me, sucks.. ?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess for a mom who has been breastfeeding all this while it is normal to feel this way. But you did it for a year and that's already very commendable! My gal had exclusive bm for only one month and I gave up coz of clogged ducts etc issue. When she falls sick I will tell guilty and wonder is it because I did not give her bm. But I have soon gotten over this as there are many other things to worry about. That said as a consolation to you my bro and me were never breastfed and I have always been a strong and healthy baby and girl when growing up :) good job mommy.

Read more

You are doing a good job in exclusive breastfeeding already! Although I am extended breastfeeding myself, I can't even exclusive breastfeed as my supply is not overwhelming enough and I have to use 1 tin of FM per month. I am not sure what makes you got pressurize to feed FM, but if LO shows no sign of stopping feeding on BM, you dont have to introduce FM too.

Read more

I tried v hard to give bm but was on mix feed from within 1 month. Felt bad but then again my husband reminded me - "what's wrong with it? We tried our best. Fm ain't that bad. We and our siblings all grew up on fm and we are all well and alive". Anyways if u want, u can don't give fm but give fresh milk and a varied diet also can

Read more
7y ago

Hugs. It's really ok. At 1 year old, there are other things u can celebrate and nurture for her - like finding recipes for her meals :) trying new foods w baby as they transit to 3 meals and mainly on solids. It's another level of bonding

Dont Feel bad, you have done a good job for breastfeeding your LO till 1 year old. You should give a pat on your shoulder instead :) By the way, after 1 year old your LO can drink fresh milk already, so don’t worry and feel bad of having to stop breastfeeding, now all the nutrients should come from solid food. :)

Read more

I feel u as well, I almost wanted to cry when I had to stop bf when lo was 8 months old due to low supply but eventually I understand that lo will one day had to stop bf and eat solid food , by then lo will be less on fm. Then I try to don't take it too hard.

You've done a great job for being able to bf LO till 1 year old :) You can consider giving her fresh milk/full cream milk powder instead of formula milk. After 1 year old, formula milk is not neccessary alrdy.

VIP Member

don't be too hard on urself. you gave her 1year of bm. It's already a job well done! Many mummy is unable to do so! How is your daughter adapting fm? Mine rejects fm so i had to resort to packet milk

Read more

I used to feel the same too! It's normal. :) now I'm over it already, I told myself I've done my best to provide him with one year of Bm :) now he takes fresh milk too and I'm totally cool with it .

U have done a good job. Tell urself u are saving ur milk for #2! Anyway by 1 yr old milk won't be their main source of nutrients already

Breastfeeding is tough, you did it for a year! Give yourself a pat on the back. Don't put yourself down. It will get better =)