I am wondering why my wife keeps saying that being a stay at home mum is such hard work. I am not trolling here - but i frankly dont understand. Seems simple enough to me. I have taken care of my kids and home all weekend before and it's definitely no where as stressful as having a job. Our kid is 11 months and is formula fed. We live in a 4 rm flat.

75 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To each its own. My personal views. A SAHM is a job which is round the clock. We are dealing with our kids, the most important person in our lives. Everything we do, say and act affects the children. Its hard balance out taking care of the emotional, physcial, and mental aspect. Our needs, are needed to be met before being able to do more. Being a SAHM is neither a job either. Having kids just for a weekend is all fun and laughter. Over an extended period of time, it wouldnt be. anymore. Its not something which you can say dont like leave, dont want to do, dont care. It would be a good idea if you exchanged roles with your wife if you really want to experience it firsthand. Perhaps it maybe more suitable for you? Trail and error, to each its own. Our capabilities and strengths are all different. We are different, there is no one else out there like us. :) If you have require more assistance please feel free to post them here. I hope i explained myself. The easiest way is to do it, and youll know. Cheers.

Read more
7y ago

I fully agreed. Taking care of kds during weekends and 24/7 daily with no monatary input, MC, off days, PH etc..... which is totally different from having a job whereby u are free once u are off work! Being a SAHM, u do not have freedom and friends like in the past..... u cant throw your kids and hubby aside and enjoy yourself, all u think of is whether the kids are well fed, have done their homework, is hubby able to manage to take care of 3 kids at one go etc.....