unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi worried mum. First and foremost, congratulations on your pregnancy and take care. I was pregnant with my 2nd child, 2/3 months after joining the company. The job was super stressful and I hanged on because I wanna enjoy paid maternity leave. I developed hypertension and has to induce birth. My son was born premature, so small and vulnerable. It breaks my heart. And it took a long time for him to catch up on physical and emotional development. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise that the company declined to hire you. You should enjoy your pregnancy, don’t worry so much. Things will work out. Take care

Read more
5y ago

thank you mummy for your encouraging words.