unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Honestly im something similiar as you. Im those kind of woman that couldn't stand when im not working and have to rely financially on my s/o. so last year i left my job and trying to find a new one before the lockdown ended up i got pregnant and been rejected for every job i apply since then. Mental health was unstable as i stress myself because i have to rely on my hubby for everything. He had to constantly convince me that it was ok during my 1st and 2nd trim. Im still a temporary home maker as baby is still small, so i ended up doing a mini online business so i can earn a little income once in awhile to feel less stressful. But what i can say is, please consider your health first, you can work after baby is around 2-3 months ( can put infant care) Find a hobby that is safe during your pregnancy period to release stress, that what i do to prevent myself to fall back to depression

Read more