unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy. do trust your husband :) my bf quit his FT job, and worked as a packer daily paid,while i am working flexi at airport. all is well as we still can survive. till we found out im pregnant at 24weeks. things got harder. kicked out of our rental place, savings lessen everyday. so we moved in with my bf's brother. things got rougher. he had to stop working the packer job as its too far (woodlands to changi airfreight). i had to take unpaid leave (no ML benefits for flexi) at 30+weeks onwards as i keep having blackouts. so technically both of us is unemployed. 1 week before edd, he got a new FT job but its too taxing and far (Jurong Island). he still went for work. however he had to quit 1 day before edd bc no one is able to take care of me after delivery and he cant take so many unpaid leave and PL (not married) so he start doing grab food delivery for our survival. i stay home till now. all those times, i rmbr how much i broke down bc im worried, like you. and all those time too, he reassured me all is gonna be alright. i trust him, bc thats what partners do :) stay strong, mummy. everything's gonna be alright ♥️

Read more