unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mummy, I supposed we're on the same page here. Except that this is my first pregnancy (heheh). I was told to leave my job as I couldn't 'control' my morning sickness. Well, another issue about why I cannot 'control' is that I'm allergic to the medicine and therefore, I wasn't given medications to treat my nauseating and dizziness. I got to know I was pregnant in the same week of my first week of work! The symptoms were getting bad as days goes by and it's hard to me to adapt to it since these are all new to me. They then decided that I should leave the job and then said that why didn't I declare my pregnancy during the signing of contract despite after telling them that it happened when I've already started working! No doubt, I was heartbroken when they told me I had to leave. My husband sees this as an opportunity for me to stay at home and told me to focus on my pregnancy since it's our first. I can relate how you feel on letting it all on your husband because I feel the same too! It hurts me more when he insisted on going to work despite the fact that he's unwell ☹️ We should thankful for having such wonderful man as a husband because not all men understands. Please don't be sad. Everything will be fine ❤️

Read more